Happy August, everyone!
We can hardly believe that it is already August - summer has flown by! This past month we returned from missions training in Colorado and spent some much needed time with family and friends! This included many trips to the beach, dinners on the grill, and even a trip to Crystal Lake in northern Michigan with Kara's family!
B a b y · B(o y)
What is more, we finally announced the gender of Baby B and IT'S A BOY!!!! If you have not already seen the blog post, you should definitely check it out, but we want to say thank you for all the love, support, and encouragement (and name suggestions). We are well into the third trimester, now between 34 & 35 weeks.
Baby B has been such a rockstar, growing big and strong, and we are on schedule for the birth to be mid-September. This past month we even converted our guest bedroom into the new nursery and have begun taking a few classes through the hospital! Please continue to pray for our baby boy and for Kara in the coming weeks and months -- and who knows? Maybe by our next newsletter we'll have a picture of him on here :)
F u n d r a i s i n g
As you know, we are responsible for raising 100% of our funds. As of July, we have raised approximately 52% of our annual need, and 75% of our startup costs. This is amazing news and a huge testament to what The Lord is doing! Our hope is to move full-time in January 2020, and in order to do this, we need continued financial support on a monthly basis.
→ → → Any amount helps! ← ← ←
We would love to meet with you to talk more about this! If you are interested in giving, please check out our website at www.pkbloemendaal.com/give or reach out if you'd like to meet!
W h a t ' s · N e x t
As you may recall, at the end of May we finished with our jobs as we enter the next phase of preparing to move onto the field. It has certainly been an adjustment not working our 9-5 jobs, but we have been staying very busy with:
- applying for Visa and work permits
- language learning
- visiting churches
- having fundraising meetings
- preparing for baby B
- prepping to sell our house at the end of the year
- Pat gearing up at the end of this month for his second-to-last semester at Western Theological Seminary!
One last thing - Yesterday (8/4) we celebrated 2 years of marriage :) We had no idea The Lord would bring us to where we are, but we wouldn't change a thing and can't imagine walking this journey with anyone else!
- For the Lord to continue to reveal His plans in this time of transition
- Continued health and wellness for baby B and Kara in pregnancy
- The upcoming sale of our home
- Pat beginning another semester at WTS (with more credits than he has taken in previous semesters)
- Any other unknown prayer requests within CCCD's administration, schools, and village